Wednesday, May 9, 2012

As I mentioned in other posts, I have never been comfortable with my lettering. A couple of days ago, I came across the work of Joanne Sharpe and was immediately drawn to it. The colors she uses are amazing and her lettering, WOW...her lettering is all that mine is not. Although I am at the moment taking 3 workshops simultaneously, and really did not need to commit my time to any more, I could not help but check out her website. It took me only a few moments to decide to sign up for the Letter Love 101 workshop. I have watched a couple of the videos already and I can't wait to start working on my lettering - I just need to buy the supplies. To make it more exciting, some of my friends from The Art of Wild Abandonment workshop will be joining me. I am posting a little sketch of a bird I made this week here. I can't wait to see what the lettering on my sketches will look like after I take all 29 lessons included in Joanne's workshop!

Add caption

1 comment:

  1. Paty, how wonderful! I have been eyeing up that workshop too (even though I, like you, have several workshops on the go already). Next time I have a little money spare I will definitely go for it. Can't wait to see how you get on!

    ReplyDelete