Sunday, May 20, 2012

Take me out to the ball game

One of the greatest gifts Junelle gave all of us in the Art of Wild Abandonment workshop is to see the mundane and every day moments as opportunities to create art. She taught us how simple it is to capture those memories with a simple little sketch. This weekend my son's baseball team had their end of season party at the ball park and I went with sketchbook in tow. I was not sure what I would sketch, thinking that I would probably sketch one of the umpires since they seem to sit the most still :-). After a while, I realized that the perfect sketch opportunity was right in front of me. My son and his buddy, with their backs to me, completely immersed in the game. I normally would have taken a photo, but this time I sketched the  moment and I am so glad!



1 comment:

  1. Paty... Please forgive me for contacting you in this manner. Unfortunately Blogger is not kind enough, sometimes, to provide an email address so you can correspond privately.

    i want to thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a lovely comment. I am always extremely moved when I encounter like minds and hearts, especially those individuals that have a calling to make art but struggle with living a daily professional path outside art. My advice would be to not give-up on making art a full-time way of life.. hobbies often turn into life altering opportunities if you have persistence and patience. I hope you will visit The Red Door Studio blog often.. and if you would like to converse outside comments, please feel free to send me an email at TheRedDoorStudio@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete