Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Watercolor & Doodle Hearts

I am currently taking a watercolor class along with a lettering class. I have done many watercolors (not much lettering at all) and have never combined one with the other. Trying to step outside my box, I decided to use one of my watercolor backgrounds and practice some doodle lettering on it. I could not get myself to do it!! I decided instead to doodle a couple of hearts - this was so much fun! - and add one of my birdies. I am not sure this piece is finished - maybe I will get the nerve to add some journaling, maybe not! For those of you interested in lettering, especially if you are a beginner, I highly recommend Joanne Sharpe's Letter Love 101. You can find the badge on the right side of my blog.


While I am at it, I also wanted to mention another workshop that I am currently enrolled in (will start May 21st!). It is called "Your Living Canvas" and it is taught by Christy Tomlinson and Art McCracken. This workshop is a 6 week course and is intended to help define us as artists; to help us, through our art, celebrate our relationships, heartaches, joys, and insecurities in addition to help us learn a ton of new techniques for both canvas art and art journaling. I am so excited to start it! If this sounds like something you've been looking for, you should check it out now. Do not worry if you don't have time to take it now. You can register and then will have access to it for a full year! Christy even offers a payment plan. You can check out the website by clicking on the Your Living Canvas badge on the right column of my blog.

6 comments:

  1. Your birds are adorable Paty.I love this chirpy one too with the two lovely hearts.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Ariel! And thank you for your sweet words. I just love birdies. I guess it comes out in my art :-).

      Delete
  2. Thank you Paty for coming over to Ariel.Yes, I did Alisa Burke's Watercolor bliss last year. May I know what class you are taking/ i checked for your email id to send a mail but could not find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am taking Watercolorbliss-2. I really like her style of teaching but I think the class was a little too basic for me. I might try one of her other ones like doodling (at which I am not very good :-)). My email is patyshaulis@gmail.com. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  3. Super cute! I am just getting back into using watercolors... haven't played with them since high school which was L-O-N-G ago. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, you made my day! I am usually the one inspired by everyone else's art. If I could provide even a little inspiration to you, that makes me happy. I will be trying to post more tonight. Have been busy cleaning out our garage :-). Have a wonderful day!

      Delete