Saturday, June 9, 2012

Get Down

The past few months I have been looking for challenges that push  me outside my box - (Writing on my art, journaling on recycled books, being messy) I encountered one such challenge the other day while browsing the Internet. The website is twoscoopz.com and the challenge is called Focus52. Each week, participants (anyone can participate!) are given a prompt which we use to inspire us to take a photo. I love taking pictures but taking a photo based on a prompt is a challenge for me.
The group is no pressure...you only have to share when you want to participate, you are not obligated to post a photo each week if you don't have time, and you are welcome to browse through everyone else's photos anytime. The only rule is you cannot use old photos - the photo must be taken on the week the prompt is given. This week the prompt was 'Get Down' as in, get on the ground and force yourself to take a photo from a different perspective than the one we are normally accustomed to. Here is the photo I ended up submitting for (my) week 1 - I took it in my garden, laying down on the grass.

6 comments:

  1. Like the focus under the petals - nice image. Hope to see more images in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherry! I will try to post more images. I have stopped taking as many photos because I am spending a lot of time painting. I am hoping this challenge will help me get my camera out of the bag more often :-). Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I found you :D! I love your photo Paty and this perspective, such a great muted background too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris! Crazy weekend but I will stop by your blog soon, I promise! Sent you an email. Hugs!

      Delete
  3. I love this, Paty!! Isn't it amazing how the perspective changes...and, how we see the beauty in a whole new light?!! :) I need to push myself to add this challenge to my list, too!! Ah, our lists just keeps growing!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann-Margaret! Thank you! Sweet of you. I ran out and took it and frankly, I did not even spend much time thinking about it. I also missed the deadline for this week's prompt. I thought I had until today but the deadline was yesterday. I am trying to do too much I think! I am having less time for art and less time for posting, especially with CP having baseball. May be time to slow down. Yes, our lists keep growing!!

    ReplyDelete