Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Season

It has been so long since I have posted! I have been reading Artful Blogging, trying to find out what the secret is of those wonderful bloggers out there who post beautiful entries day in and day out. I find myself in the middle of the Christmas season, thinking about using several of the tips I have found and making my New Year's resolution be to become a better blogger, if only as a commitment to myself. So, here I am!

I don't have any art to post today but would like to share pictures of the process of making what my husband calls his 'Aunt Bev's Hard-Tack Candy'. Every year he makes several batches of this candy in many of his favorite flavors and always also includes a couple of new flavors to try.

His flavors this year were Egg Nog, Cinnamon, Key Lime, Cranberry, Maple, Chocolate Chip, and Peppermint. Making this candy, breaking it, and bagging it always marks the beginning of the Christmas season for us.








5 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back Paty! I was just thinking about your blog the other day. If you're looking for some help along the way I can highly recommend Liv Lane's "How to build a blog you truly love" course. I took it this year and I loved it. I'm thinking of taking her buzz worthy course too. Look up lovethatblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carin! I would love some help! I will go check our the link.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paty, I'm so pleased to see your post and the great action of photo's of Carl's candy in the making....it does look yummy ;D!! I know how hard it is to find the time to blog regularly and I hope you'll find you way to be able to do that. Sending you a hug my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris!! I hope you enjoy it ;-). And thanks for the hug. One right back at you!

      Delete