Friday, December 28, 2012

Crochet Crazy

I am the first one to confess that when I was younger, I never liked anything crocheted. My great-grandmother had taught me how to crochet when I was little but after she passed away, I never picked it up again. That is, until a few years ago, for whatever reason, I got the itch to start chrocheting again. I bought some yarn and hooks, subscribed to Crochet! magazine and did it off and on, especially in the winter months. This year it has been different. Perhaps it is because I am older and my tastes have changed, perhaps the availability of free and beautiful patterns right at your fingerprints on Pinterest has something to do with it, or, perhaps it is the fact that crochet is all of the sudden cool again. Whatever the reason, I am loving it and I can't seem to stop...that is all I want to do.
Here is a picture of a crocheted snowman ornament that I made for a friend of mine for Christmas. It was fun and quick to make and if you are interested, you can learn about the pattern here.
Merry Christmas!!


2 comments:

  1. This is so adorable!! Love that cute scarf!! And, I love that you have special memories of your great-grandmother teaching you! :) I can sure remember sitting beside my granny as she tried to teach me. You do a great job so keep picking those needles up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet friend! It was fun making him and yes...it is very special to know that out of all her great-grandchildren (AND grandchildren), I am the one carrying the crochet torch. Nobody else in my family picked it up but she lives on through my craft. Isn't that special?

      Delete