Saturday, March 2, 2013

You will forever look up

I have this bad habit of creating something, whether it is a journal page or a piece on canvas, then sharing it on Facebook rather than posting it here. I can't figure out why I do this but I know that I need to do better. So, here is my attempt, once again, to be present here, more often.
I have been taking Lifebook 2012 (Tam's Version) and although I have yet to create a page from the course, Tam has definitely inspired me. I love that girl! She is so fun and honest. I definitely recommend to take one of her courses or, at a minimum, watching some of her videos on YouTube. You can find out more about Tam here.
After watching a Lifebook lesson today, I was inspired to pick up the brush. As you know, I love birds and so a bird had to be on my page. There is a quote that I love by Leonardo da Vinci and so I created the page below around it. I used gesso in combination with acrylics to create the background. Once dried, I sketched the bird and then used watercolors to add color to him. I stamped the background and used sprays to add texture, then added the quote with a micron pen. This page makes me happy ♥.
Have a wonderful weekend!



“once you have tasted the taste of sky, you will forever look up”



4 comments:

  1. Love the bird Paty. And I love Tam :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carin! The more I watch Tam, the more I like her. She is so down to earth, so genuine! I have learned a lot from watching her too. I especially love how she combines watercolors with acrylics. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Well, sweet friend, you already know how much I love Tam, too! :) And, this sweet little bird makes me happy!! I love seeing your beautiful birds and love the quote you chose for this one!! Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I just saw this. The email notification got lost among other messages. Yes, I love the quote too. So true, isn't it?

      Delete