Saturday, January 25, 2014

Slowing Down

There is nothing that slows you down in Texas as much as a good little ice storm. It is always a welcome treat in our home to have a 'snow' day. No school, no driving, no chores. Just coffee, books, and time to really pause and think about what is important.
It has been almost a year since I have been here - I know, I know. Is there even anyone out there? I feel like I am at the entrance of a cave yelling 'Hello!' and afraid that I will only hear back the echo. But life gets in the way of blogging about my art. Maybe I can give it one more try, just one more try at keeping up with this art/life online journal that only ever gets to contain bits and pieces of what I love to do.
I hope if anyone is reading this you have a chance to slow down and think about what is really important. I know that I will be trying. Again.
A little bit of ice on freshly sprung leaves,
Bird baths and feeders solidly covered,
Means maybe a little bit of time to slow down and make something pretty.

"We are always getting ready to live but  never living."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson


2 comments:

  1. I wondered where you have been, miss your beautiful art. But then I'm not one for blogging on a regular basis so know where you are coming from. The ice is terrible, we have a mix of snow,ice and lots and lots of wind this winter in SD? Can't wait for spring to get here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sweet of you to say so!! I didn't think anyone would be 'here' any longer. I always start the year with the best intentions and then stuff just gets in the way. I do find a little time here in there to paint or take photos but then find that if I take the time to blog, I have less time to create. Do you find the same thing happens to you? I can't imagine how hard your winter must have been. It has been cooler than normal here but nothing like where you are. I am actually enjoying winter and although I love spring, I dread summer and that is what always comes after spring, isn't it :-)? I will try to be better....I think tomorrow I might have time to post a journal page I made today. Hope you like it. Have a good night!

      Delete