Monday, February 10, 2014

Birds On A Wire

It is very cold outside! It has been a roller coaster in Texas going from 70 degrees one day to 20 degrees the next. It is hard enough for us humans to cope, it seems, even though our homes can be adapted to heat or cold by the flip of a switch. So it always amazes me how the wildlife can cope, especially the birds who seem so fragile yet survive these drastic changes quite well. On my way to  meet a dear friend on a very cold night this past weekend, I snapped this photo as the sun was going down while I wondered how all these birdies could possibly stay warm - they seemed quite happy and I figured that it was because they were together. 
Stay warm!

1 comment:

  1. Love it Paty and there's something about birds on a wire, they look as if they huddle to keep warm! Hope your weather improves soon and it stops raining here :-). Xo

    ReplyDelete