Sunday, February 2, 2014

Jane Davenport

I might be the last person on earth to discover the fabulous Jane Davenport. I had heard of her, but had never taken any of her classes. Recently, while visiting another artist's blog, I saw a link to one of her courses and followed it. The link took me to her blog on which she has a video depicting Jane art journaling. I was immediately mesmerized by her talent and ever since, I cannot get enough of watching her paint her beautiful faces. I have watched the videos available on YouTube, the ones available on her site (for free), and finally, gave in and signed up for one of her classes, Express Yourself. Although the class has not started, a couple of days ago, serendipity landed an email from Cloth, Paper, Scissors in my inbox trying to get me to buy one of their ebooks. The ebook, 'The Whimsical Face' was on sale for $5.99 and was taught by, you guessed it, none other than Jane Davenport.  Of course, I could not pass it up. It is 2 hours long and is so, so good. I painted this face while following along her instructions. She gives a lot of juicy tips, she is funny, always in a great mood, and so fun to watch. I highly recommend getting the book (through Interweave)!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Dolores!!! I highly recommend this ebook. Jane Davenport is an excellent teacher. If it has gone up in price, wait out for it and it hopefully will go on sale again :-).

      Delete
  2. She's beautiful Paty, you are so talented my friend! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry my friend! I never saw this comment. I only came to my blog because someone pinned one of my birds on Pinterest and was curious as to the traffic. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. I love this beautiful girl, Paty! Love everything about her...especially her sweet expression!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry I didn't see this! Like I just told Chris...I only came to my blog because someone pinned my bunting on Pinterest and was curious as to the traffic. Thank you for your sweet comments!

      Delete